Tungsten Powder Applications
It is a common misconception to assume that by simply mixing commercially available tungsten powder with a polymer (epoxy or polyurethane), one could obtain a high-density substitute to lead in weight-required applications.
Try as you may, due to the specific geometry of the powder and the wetting ability of the polymer, the highest density you are likely to obtain will be 4.5 g/cc. This is even lower than steel or copper at 7.8 and 8.9 g/cc respectively.
Now with Technon® powder and other unique materials, we are able to offer economical solutions of up to 18.5 g/cc!
- Using tungsten-alloy beads simply positioned, you will be able to obtain volumetric apparent densities of up to 10 g/cc. These densities consider the overall volume of the cavity and its total weight, which is positioned within. Require a higher density? Continue reading below.
- Using a compound of Technon® with our specified polymer, you will be able to simple apply, pour or inject a material with up to 11 g/cc. Require an even higher density? Read on.
- Using tungsten-alloy beads and balls of various sizes, simply positioned, you will be able to obtain volumetric apparent densities of up to 12 g/cc. Require an even higher density? Continue reading.
- Using a unique application process combining both the tungsten beads and Technon® powder, you will be able to obtain a filler material with up to 14 g/cc!!! Need an even higher density? Continue reading below.
- Using tungsten heavy-metal small cubes or spheres geometrically positioned, you will be able to obtain volumetric apparent densities of up to 17 g/cc. Still require a higher density? Read on.
- We will design and manufacture a sintered, solid tungsten heavy metal component per your specifications. Unique solutions of up to 18.5 g/cc. Still need an even higher density? Continue reading.
- Open your checkbook, as here comes GOLD! (19.3 g/cc) Require an even higher density? Continue reading below.
- Break the bank and put on your radiation protection suit, as here come Rhenium, Platinum, Osmium and Iridium (Maximum 22.6 g/cc)
Did You Know?
Although lead is quoted as having a density of 11.34 g/cc, most lead products are manufactured from a commercially available lead-alloy with a density of less than 9 g/cc!!
The Most Unique Application for Technon® of Which We Know
Apply Technon® powder to a dog's ear and secure with a drop of Vaseline to ensure a “droopy” look. This is important to dog trainers during a dog show. This is not a new idea, it just replaces lead powder, which is highly toxic to both dogs and trainers.